What is a paraphraser
Paraphrasing a text means rewriting the text without actually changing the meaning of the text. You actually write the same thing but in other words quite simply.
When paraphrasing a text, it is often done so that the source’s statement can be put into perspective or clarified through the paraphrase.
If we take the following sentence and try to generate suggestions for rewriting it in the tool above:
“The paraphrase usually serves to put the source’s statement into perspective or to clarify the context in which it occurred.”
Suggestions for paraphrases:
• The source’s statement is usually put into perspective by the paraphrase.
• The source’s statement is usually put into perspective or clarified by the paraphrase.
• The source’s statement can be put into perspective or clarified.
• The source’s statement can be put into perspective or clarified through the paraphrase.
• The source’s statement is usually put into perspective with the paraphrase.
As you can see, we have used one of the paraphrase suggestions generated in the introductory text.
How to use the paraphraser
Using our tool for paraphrasing is very simple and there is not much you need to think about. You write the sentence or paragraph for which you want to generate paraphrases in the text field above and then press the “Generate paraphrases” button. After a while, you will receive suggestions for rewritings of the text you entered.
The longer the sentences and the more sentences you enter, the longer it takes to generate the paraphrases as this is a rather resource-intensive process.
You can also choose which language you want our program to use when it generates the paraphrases, by default the language you have chosen on the website is used, but you can easily change it when you generate new paraphrases / paraphrases
Guest, user and contributor quota
- If you use the service as a guest, we only take the first 3 sentence in your text and you get back up to 5 different paraphrases of that sentence.
- If you have registered a free account and are logged in when you use the tool, we take the first 5 sentences and generate 5 paraphrases per sentence of these two sentences.
- If you have signed up for the contributor plan we take up to the first 10 sentences and generate up to 10 rewrites each on these. It is not certain that we can generate 10 different paraphrases of each sentence, but if it is possible, you will get that many suggestions. As a “Contributor”, you also get the opportunity to generate a running piece of text from the paraphrases we find.